Did you just purchase bliss beauty peppermint oil and are unsure of what to do with it?
Here's a primer on the best ways to get the most out of your new essential oil!
Peppermint oil is lauded as one of the most versatile of the essential oils next to lavender. It has an instantly recognizable scent and is considered the best oil to start with when you are getting into the use of essential oils.
The benefits of using peppermint oil in diffused aromatic form are obvious: a pleasant, uplifting scent that stimulates the mind and soothes the nerves. When diluted with a carrier oil and applied to the skin, there is an immediate soothing, cooling sensation thanks to the menthol content of peppermint which makes it perfect for massages.
Here are some of the ways that you can use peppermint oil:
- Peppermint oil is most prized for its ability to soothe pain in aching muscles, and makes the perfect post-workout pain reliever.
- The menthol content of peppermint oil makes it an excellent sinus and throat clearer when inhaled aromatically. It works well against allergic reactions too!
- Improve your concentration with the stimulating scent of peppermint in your home office.
- Peppermint oil is a safe & effective natural migraine reliever.
- Peppermint oil also has a light appetite suppressant effect, and can reduce hunger cravings when inhaled - another excellent post-workout idea!
- The soothing effect of peppermint means it is good for helping itchy skin when applied directly.
- Repel pests, ticks, and other bothersome insects and spiders with peppermint oil. Mix your oil with your cleaners to turn every surface in your house into a natural pest repellent!
- Mixing peppermint oil with your shampoo is a great way to stimulate your scalp to promote hair growth.
- The anti-microbial component of peppermint oil makes it good for natural acne prevention.
These are just a few of the ways that you can use your bliss beauty peppermint oil.
Try your own ideas and see how you can use essential oils to lead a better, healthier life!